Migrations and database upgrades are often underestimated. Specialy for larger databases it's often a very difficult and long process in which it is important to choose the right approach. We have experience with database migrations between servers and between different platforms and database versions. We are also not afraid of very complex migrations.
Migration or upgrade process
- Analysis of the current and target state
- Selecting the most appropriate method and procedure - there are always several options
- Creating a migration process (exact directions with commands)
- Testing the procedure in a test environment (ideally a copy of the production environment), procedure tuning and estimate the total time of migration on the production environment
- Applying migration procedure on a production environment
- Database monitoring after migration